Saturday, March 6, 2010

TIME TO CLEAN THE FRIDGE & FREEZER

Usually, I clean as I go-if
I see a spill, I grab a sponge
to wipe it up right then.
Before going to the grocer,
I clean out the veggie bin.
And periodically, I wipe
the door seal and gasket
with a damp microfiber
cloth ( just water; anything
caustic can damage the
rubber), and vacuum the
coils at the back-dust can
clog the motor. But since
my office mini fridge isn't
self-defrosting, it takes
a bit more work-so I set
aside a few hours. After
I unplug and empty it out
(food goes into a cooler),
I tuck a thick layer of
newspaper and old bath
towels around the base,
shut the door, and let it
stand.When I hear the
caked-on ice drop, I sponge
the walls with baking soda
and water, and rinse and dry
with a microfiber cloth. How
easy is that. The towels go
into the washer, newspapers
in the trash, and I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment